- This event has passed.
The Impact of Brexit on the GDPR obligations for Belgian and Luxemburg companies 1 June
1st June 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The BLCC and European Data Protection Office (EDPO) are pleased to invite you to the following webinar to be held on 1st June at 10am GMT.
The Impact of Brexit on the GDPR obligations for Belux companies
As part of the new trade deal, the EU agreed to delay transfer restrictions of personal data until 30 June 2021 (known as “the bridge”).
As this is coming to an end, the BLCC recommends that you put alternative safeguards in place before the end of June to avoid breaching the new rules in the event that the EU does not grant the UK an adequacy decision (i.e. an authorisation to freely transfer personal data from the EU to the UK).
Additionally, Belux companies that do not have an establishment in the UK should attend to find out if they need to act now and appoint a UK data protection representative.
- A company in Brussels that exports chocolate to the UK.
- A company in Leuven that sells bike parts to UK companies and manufacturers online.
- A jewellery company in Antwerp that sells to UK customers.
- A company in Belgium that provides IT consultancy services to UK start- ups.
- A law firm in Luxemburg that provides legal services to UK companies andindividuals.
- A company in Belgium that uses a UK app to track its customer relationships all over the world.
Our guest speakers are:
Jane Murphy, Founder and Chair of the Board at European Data Protection Office and Romane Geurts, Data Protection Representative at European Data Protection Office.
They will answer questions such as:
Does the GDPR apply if my company exports products or services to the UK? Does my company have to comply with any new data protection rules as a result of Brexit? What are the necessary steps to take to ensure compliance with the EU and UK GDPR?
Please register here for this free event. A link with access to the webinar will be sent out shortly.