- The Head Office must be registered in Belgium or Luxembourg (both manufacturing and service sectors can apply).
- Subsidiary companies may apply, but documentation must be submitted by the Head Office.
- The products or services must have their origins in Belgium or Luxembourg, or significant value added in these countries.
- The company must not have won a Golden Bridge Award in the last three years.
Prospective applicants should complete the Entry Form, and return it to the BLCC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must be received by the 15th September, 2017. Entry is free of charge. After applications close, up to three companies will be shortlisted in each category, based on three main criteria:
- Financial performance
- Strategy and innovation
- Motivation for entering the awards
Companies will be informed in September whether they have been shortlisted. Shortlisted companies will be asked to attend a jury meeting in London in October, where the winners will be chosen.
How the winner is selected
To select the winner, a jury of previous winners, sponsors and regional economic attachés will consider how the shortlisted companies show vision in niche markets, innovate to embark on new opportunities, and persevere in the conquest of the UK market. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on 22 November 2017 in Brussels.
All shortlisted companies will be invited to the awards ceremony at the prestigious Ambassador's Residence in Belgium on Wednesday 22 November 2017. This will be an exciting evening attended by many successful Benelux and British businesses, as well as influential trade and investment representatives.
- If you are shortlisted, you agree to hold a business meeting at your premises with up to four main sponsors for an obligation-free discussion about business opportunities.
- Shortlisted companies agree that the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain and the British Chamber of Commerce in Belgium may use your logo and any photos or video from the judging panel and awards ceremony to promote future editions of the Golden Bridge Awards, and the UK as an export destination.
Winning the Golden Bridge Awards in 2015 was the culmination of years of hard work by our British and Belgian teams; I remember filling in the application form in 2003 !
We are immensely proud to have received this accolade and to be mentioned in the Golden Bridge Hall of Fame, amongst many reputable companies successfully doing business in the UK.
Antoon Van den Broeck | Soudal | 2015 WINNER